Saturday, March 8, 2014

Paint Table Saturday: Dashing Hussars And Dangerous Dames

 

I’ve been fortunate this week to have had a few hours and half hours to bear down and bring some projects to near completion.  I love the final stages of finishing figures, when I am doing all the little finishing stages and starting basing and flocking.  It’s a very rewarding part of the hobby.  On the right, my three Foundry Russian Hussars are almost ready to go in search of plunder and vodka.  

 

Below, a tense standoff as Mademoiselle Jeanne of La Resistance faces off against one of the Tigresses of the Luftwaffe.  Two figures from Bob Murch’s Pulp Figures from his Dangerous Dames set.  I’m very happy with both figures.  Behind them, my two Baccus 6mm Napoleonics buildings are nearly done.

Blessings to your paint brushes!

Michael

10 comments:

  1. Outstanding hussars! The finishing stages in the painting process are tops with me too. Actually my favorites are starting and finishing. The best part is having the completed unit move off the painting table!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent! The two Pulp girls are my favourites.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Dashing Hussars And Dangerous Dames", now there's a title! Fabulous work too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hola
    Buena mesa de pintura
    Muy buenos esas minis
    un saludo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely work there and a great title too

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mike
    Lovely stuff! The dames are great. I agree with the sentiment that "in this species the female is more dangerous than the male". I feel like the Mlle in the beret is going to tell me to "listen careful as I will only tell you this once".
    Cheers, PD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Allo Nighthawk, zees is Bluetit. Pass your message. Over."

      Delete
  7. Love those WW2 ladies. Lots of cool character to their sculpts and very nice paintjobs too.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Followers