Friday, February 5, 2016

6mm French Chasseurs and Some New Real Estate

My Napoleonic French light cavalry get some reinforcements this week with two stands of French Chasseurs a Cheval off the painting desk.  The figures are by Baccus.

Not that you can tell, but the red collars and cuffs identify most of these guys as being from the 1st Regiment, with a few of the 2nd mixed in.   The bases are laser cut MDF from Six Squared Studios and the flocking material is from Baccus.   When I started basing the collection I bought in 2014, I was trying to get as many based as possible, and so the flocking was pretty basic.  Now I feel I can spend a bit more time making the bases look good.

Ready to screen the army from the probing eyes of Kaiserlich hussars.

 

Another project finished this week is this stand to represent a small town.  The two buildings are from Timecast and together they form the town of Alte Schlompburg.  

The roads are my own creation, cardboard coloured with pastel crayons.  I think I need to lighten them up more to better match the road painted on the town base. I also think I need many many more road sections.

 

After a night carousing in Alte Schlompburg, the chasseurs prepare to ride away, leaving much broken crockery and a few broken hearts.

Many thanks for looking, and blessings to your brushes!

 

These figures bring my 2016 totals to:

28mm:  Foot Figures: 29; Mounted Figures: 1

6mm:  Mounted figures:  15;  Buildings:  2

11 comments:

  1. They look grand, Padre! I really like the immense scale these little fellows evoke....and I miss seeing your work at the AHPC too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much David. So glad you like them. I just couldn't work up the enthusiasm for the AHPC this year. I would rather march slowly to my own drum and work at a pace that suits me.

      Delete
  2. Splendid work, you are certainly having a productive start to the year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look great, I don't know how you get that level of detail in such a small scale, my eyesight struggles with 28mm :-)
    Cheers
    Stu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stu. My eyesight isn't great but I just hold the figures close to my eyes and blob away. This scale is very forgiving of mistakes and rewards efforts to suggest things like scabbards and shake badges. A few blobs go a long way!

      Delete
  4. Great work on the 6mm figures, I'm starting to paint that scale myself and would be pleased to get that finish on mine.

    Cheers,

    Pete.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those time cast buildings are really top notch. Lovely crisp detail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are indeed lovely models. They are a little larger than the other 6mm terrain I have (Paper Terrain and GHQ) but not terribly so.

      Delete
  6. Lovely stuff Mike. If I ever dipped toe into Napoleonics, 6mm seems the scale to go.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Followers